Thursday, September 30, 2010

"I Can't Be Stopped": New Poem By Cyrus Webb

I CAN'T BE STOPPED*
by Cyrus Webb


The worst thing you can do is count me out.
If you think saying something about me is going to stop me, then you really don't know what I'm about...
and that means you'll underestimate me.

I can understand why you are afraid...and you should be.
Not because I am that powerful, but because of the power within me.

What separates you from me is the passion that drives each day of my life.
I don't focus on the negativity and the strife of the day.
I look for a way to make my next 24 hours better than the ones before it.

You might just want to get ahead, and that's okay---for you.
But to really be successful you have to think about the bigger picture.
Life is about the impact you have on those around you, and what you do to really make a difference.

It's not about how many people know your name
or living the celebrity life that bring you money and fame.
I'm more about another reward.

I want the peace of mind that one finds by using their skills for good...and I do.
If I am to excel and the talents I've been given propel me into the spotlight, then I want to make sure I'm using that opportunity well.

This is not about me.
It's about the endless possibilities that we all can achieve.

So when you think you're doing something to defame me, think again.
I'm no longer a person who needs your praise to get through my day or feel good about myself.
That's why you can't stop me.
Only I can stop me.
And stopping is something I have no intention of doing.
As long as there is breath in my body I will continue to be the best I can.
I can't be stopped.



* I CAN'T BE STOPPED is from Cyrus Webb's poetry chapbook MY VOICE: 1999-2009 and beyond

No comments:

Post a Comment