Wednesday, August 25, 2010

MS Native Presents A Decade Of His Voice In Sept.

Before he started a BOOK CLUB, he was on TV. Before he was on TV, he was on RADIO. Before he was on radio, he wrote and DREW for others...But before he wrote and drew for others, he did it for HIMSELF.

On Thursday, September 30, 2010, Mississippi native Cyrus Webb presents "MY VOICE: A Decade in the Arts, 1999-2009." This will take place at the Pearl Public Library (2416 Old Brandon Road * Pearl, MS).

"I'm excited about this event," says Webb, 35. He feels as though many who may know him for just his work in promoting literacy or being on the radio will be able to see the full picture through this event. "This is my first art show and poetry reading in 4 years, and I'm excited to share with people what I have been doing over the past few years as well as over the past decade."

MY VOICE will begin with an art show at 4p.m. featuring some of Webb's work from 1999-2009. The public will be able to walk through his life and chronicle year by year what he had done, how his work has evolved and where he is headed in the new decade. At 6p.m., Webb will host a poetry reading featuring his most popular work from the past decade, as well as new work that has never been heard before. The crowning achievement for Webb during the evening will be the release of his new poetry chapbook MY VOICE: The Compilation.

Admission to the entire day's events is free, and the public is encourage to come out and celebrate one of Mississippi's native sons.

For more information, contact Cyrus Webb at cawebb4@juno.com, 601.896.5616 or visit www.cyruswebb.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Cyrus, I will attend the event to support you. Wow. How exciting.
    I am a local author who writes books on women's issues, religion, and African American interests. I will have two books released in October 2010: "When Will Eve Be Forgiven?" and "The Politics Of Prayer." Each book has been written to encourage and empower the reader. I can send you a proof of each book so that you can see if it is material your audience will be interested in, along with my bio and a few good interview questions.
    I am excited about the prospect of being interviewed by you, since I have been following your career since 2003. The book "The Politics Of Prayer" is especially timely since the world will be watching the outcome of the November vote.
    Please contact me rizerfall@yahoo.com if you have any questionns. I look forward to hearing from you. I have a somewhat large following online that will more than likely tune into the interview.

    ReplyDelete